Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Fiction Adaptation Unit: Filming Day 2

Today was the day to film the flashbacks, and this time I had Helen Welsh as camera operator with her new Canon she got yesterday. I learnt from my mistake the other day and came into today a lot more prepared with ideas and a shot list. This became even more important, as the weather was terrible, so we had to film as soon as we had the chances to.

Jamie put on the army uniform which I got from my dad and it fit him well, which was one worry off my mind. As soon as we got to the location, we didn't hang around and just got straight into filming all the shots I planned. Again, Jamie was brilliant and did exactly what I wanted him to do, and even put forward some ideas I hadn't thought of.

After filming some walking and shouting scenes near the cannon, it was time to shoot the most important scene - the final flashback where he gets injured and loses his arm. Due to low production values, I had to be clever with how I filmed this, as obviously I don't have the money or access to film it with guns and fake blood. This didn't stop us though, as we filmed Jamie flipping over a grassy bank, and making sure the shots were as close up as possible so it didn't look fake or tacky. Jamie performed this last piece perfectly, as he genuinely looked like he was in agony even though I knew he wasn't. Very convincing, and Helen did a great job of getting dynamic shots of everything.

Overall, it was a very successful day which was actually finished in less than an hour. This was down to my organisation, as well as Jamie's flawless acting. Next time I would look at the weather report beforehand so I know exactly what to expect and therefore know what to bring in terms of clothing and equipment. I am happy with the shots I got, and now looking forward to editing it all together.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment