Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Digital News Unit: Interview/Multi Cam Workshop

We had a workshop which focused on interviews as well as multi-camera set up. The multi-cam really helped as I was a beginner in this area of production. We were all given roles, and I did my usual part of featuring on camera as I find it enjoyable as well as beneficial. I played the role of the interviewer/presenter so I had to learn a script. This turned out to be okay as I had time to rehearse while everything was being set up. 

Aimee (interviewee) and I were also in charge of setting up the lighting, which took some time to get used to, but we got there in the end. We had 4 lights, which we had to position perfectly to achieve a good balance. This helped my understanding of lighting and how important it is for my future projects. Having them at different heights and positioning the guards make a huge difference, as they focus on particular parts of the actors faces/bodies therefore increasing quality and consistency. 

We filmed the interview live which added extra pressure to Aimee and I as we had to get it all right in one take. This showed me that preparation before a live shoot is vital, and I now know I need to prep my actors thoroughly before a shoot as it improves their confidence (which is what you need on camera). 

Overall this workshop was very helpful as it enhanced my knowledge and understanding of setting up multi-cam as well as preparation for presenters/interviewers


       

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment