Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre-Production Major Project: Title Sequence Research

I have been researching different title sequences to get inspiration for our major project, after careful analysis I've found some I believe will work for our project, and others that wouldn't at all:


Desperate Housewives is a very popular programme in both America and the UK, however the title sequence seems very dated and would take away the modern theme of our project if we were to choose to make something similar. I believe the non-diegetic soundtrack is quite slow, which would eliminate the dynamic feel we want the show to have.

I found this one which I believe could work well with our theme:


As you can see in the video above, the screen gets split up into different sections, showing different parts of the characters. This would work well for our project, as we have characters on and off the pitch, therefore showing different characteristics in different locations. One segment could be their life on the pitch, while another can be their everyday life.

I also like the parallel non-diegetic soundtrack, which I believe could help get our genre across if we find something similar.

After this research, I can safely say that we need to make a dynamic title sequence which contains clips of both football and everyday life so we can reinforce the theme of our project.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment