Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre-Production Major Project: Directing Research - Teamwork/Communication

I've been researching into the role of directing and how important teamwork is on completing a successful project. I have learnt that listening to the talent I'm filming is just as important as communicating with my production team, as they are the ones producing the goods on screen. The relationship between actors and directors are key, and it needs to be strong/positive to get the best out of both roles:

“The director is the person who calls all of the camera shots and gives direction to the cameras. The really good directors listen to their talent and follow what they are talking about and relay that message to the camera operators instead of just cutting a show the way the director wants to. TV is all about collaboration.” Fanguy, School Video News

Not only am I in charge of all the camera shots, but making sure my crew and talent know exactly what they're doing and at the right times. Doing this research has made me realise that even though I'm in charge and know what I want, it's still valuable to listen to the actors and their opinions, otherwise they may not feel comfortable and therefore not perform to the best of their abilities.

When we come to shoot the pilot, as well as the opening titles and trailers.. I'm going to make sure I use this research by listening to all my team including the talent, as this would create a good team morale and therefore enhance the team ethic.





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment