Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Fiction Adaptation Unit: Critical Reflection

I have thoroughly enjoyed this unit and definitely learnt a lot in terms of production and editing. This is the first time I have ever had to adapt a poem into a film, and this for me was the most difficult part. Poetry is not my subject at all, so having to make a film out of one turned out to be very challenging. The part I found the hardest was incorporating the words of the poem into my film, and making it relevant to what is being shown on screen. Next time I will definitely do more research into the actual poem so I know exactly what it's about and where it came from, as I believe this would have helped with ideas.

In terms of filming, I was very happy with how both days went, however the first day was very slow due to not being prepared. This was due to the fact I didn't give myself enough time in-between script feedback and production week to confirm my ideas and be happy with them. Next time I will definitely give myself more time to prepare, and not rush into filming as soon as production weeks starts.

Editing was a very long process due to adding a lot of sound effects as well as struggling to cut some parts due to not enough coverage in some areas. Next time I will make it a lot easier for myself by using more natural diegetic sounds, and shoot plenty of shots so I don't feel limited. I will shoot the same shots from different angles and sizes, as this would give me a lot more to play with in the edit.

Overall I am happy with how it all ended up, especially with the problems with actors and time constraints, therefore I feel proud to have achieved a video that fits the task given. I have learnt a lot of new skills, especially with editing, which has injected me with a lot more confidence in myself and my work. I will definitely use these new skills I have developed in future projects.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment