Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre Production Major Project: Table Read

After securing the actors, we hosted a table read so everyone could get together, meet each other, and practice lines from the script in the same room. This turned out to be a great success as I managed to see what they were all like in their respected roles. I must say, the cast did very well and I was happy with how it all went. I noticed a number of things while at the table read, one being the fact that Malik (playing Dean) struggled with the bigger passages, therefore Helen, Aimee and I decided to shorten his lines to fit him and his character. We want the actors to feel comfortable in their roles, therefore decisions like these will benefit all of us. I was particularly impressed with Dan (playing Tom) as he seemed to adapt to his character well and read his lines with ease. He put emphasis in the right places and I believe he is a very strong actor in a difficult role. 


Overall the table read went very well and everyone got along, with lots of laughing and togetherness. This is exactly what I want from my cast and crew, as I believe everyone will perform to their best abilities that way (as well as easier to direct).


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment