Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre Production Major Project: Directors Statement Research

One important part of being a director, is the directors statement. This is the written proposal of the directors vision for the film. This means Aimee (producer) and the team can see if my vision suits the script and general theme of the programme. After researching different statements, I have realised that they can be short or long, and have found the key points to any successful statement:

Story


  • What is it about?

  • What genre?

  • Are there heroes and villains? What are their goals/intentions?

  • How long is it? Time period?



Themes


  • Moral

  • Subtext

  • Character types

  • Meaning



Vision


  • Performance

  • Visual Look

  • Style

  • Editing

  • Music

  • Visual Effects



I am going to need to write at least a paragraph for these important points, and I believe this will help me understand the film more, as well as help communicate my ideas to my team and audience.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment