Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre Production Major Project: Casting

Never hosted a casting session before, so I used my research to construct a suitable auditions room that suited both Aimee and I as well as the auditionee's. After feedback from Simon, we decided to use chairs with tables, rather than the big table (behind us in the picture). This was a great decision as it meant the auditionees were much more relaxed from the day before, as it looked more like an audition rather than an interview. Aimee and I wanted to see the actors under pressure, however also didn't want them to feel daunted by having a very formal set up.

When it came to the questions, I made sure I was friendly and understanding as I believe you are most likely to get the best out of auditionees by acting this way. Using the monologue style audition worked a treat (after extensive research), as I got to see the quick thinking ability of the actors and how well they could read a passage after just seeing it for the first time. It really helped to separate the good from the bad, and I will definitely use this technique in future projects


           

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment