Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Studio Production Unit: Politics VT Shoot Day

The Politics VT shoot arrived and I felt very organised due to the preparation leading up to it. We organised the travel and times of where we were going to meet Dave the presenter, and got there early enough to set up and brief everyone. As I was the director, I took responsibility of leading everyone to the relevant locations, as well as boosting the team morale throughout the day. The shoot went great; apart from we struggled with a vox pops section due to not being able to find any young people in the pub we chose prior to the shoot. This meant we had to film that section another day in a more controlled environment. Shooting vox pops was very difficult as it meant relying on the public on the day, and the sound wasn’t great due to not being in a controlled environment. I have definitely learnt how to tackle these situations now due to this shoot, and I know that next time I shoot a vox-pops segment, I will choose a controlled location to ask them questions, and make sure my target audience is in the place I want them to be. Margate is an interesting setting, so I made sure that we got plenty of cutaway shots. These shots are always vital as it gives the editor shots to cut to, as well as helping the audience understand where the video is taking place. Dave the presenter was very good and professional, and he was very helpful as he agreed to film the same scenes multiple times as I wanted plenty of coverage.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment