Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Documentary Unit: Filming Day 3

The idea of day 3 of filming was to capture the rest of the shots we needed before the editing process began. I was feeling under the weather, but this did not stop me from carrying out my task as director. Helen was on camera this time, and I told her to concentrate on Roy for this occasion as I knew we would need cutaways for his interview.

During the class, I also asked parents and children if they were interested in participating in interviews; luckily 3 lots of families agreed to it, which was great news as it meant we would have lots of coverage in that department.

After the class Helen and I set up the interviews, with both of us discussing the questions and telling the parents/children beforehand. Helen even did a couple of practice interviews just to make the children feel more comfortable and confident. We interviewed the different families one at a time, and made sure we stuck to documentary conventions.

After the interviews with the families, we moved onto the main one - Roy. This turned out great as he answered all our questions perfectly, and even mentioned a few very interesting stories about cynophobia victims.

Overall it was a great day of filming, and we got all the shots we wanted plus more.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment